Hedge Fund Tax Services
Are you reporting too much taxable income?
We can help with that. We assist hedge funds with income tax planning to minimize the taxable income they report. Our dedicated financial services tax group stays up-to-date with all the latest tax changes and potential actions. Our professionals specialize in tax issues that affect hedge funds like yours, providing tax consulting and compliance to hundreds of funds with U.S. and foreign reporting requirements. They will advise you throughout the year, so you'll be in the best possible position when it's time to file your return.
Kaufman, Rossin & Co.'s tax services help hedge funds plan strategically to minimize their investors' tax burdens, comply with regulations and meet their financial goals.
We have decades of experience providing tax services, technical expertise and unmatched client service to the financial industry. Our investment company clients include hedge funds, commodity pools, fund of funds, private equity funds, real estate funds and venture capital funds.
We provide the following tax services for hedge funds:
- Partner allocations
- Analysis of investments for compliance with wash sale and straddle rules
- Analysis of income for proper classification under mark-to-market, 1256, 988 and other special rules
- Preparation of federal and state tax returns for the fund, including K-1 reporting
- Preparation of federal and state tax returns for the general partner and investment advisor
- U.S tax reporting and compliance for foreign investors including tax withholding based on U.S. tax treaties
- U.S tax reporting and compliance of foreign investments such as PFICs, CFCs and foreign partnerships
- Ongoing advice on tax issues
- Calculation of withholding of state income taxes
- Calculation of unrelated business taxable income