Great Deal? Or huge mistake?
When acquisition opportunities arise, clients need professionals who offer a goal centered approach designed specifically for their needs.
Kaufman, Rossin & Co. offers substantial experience in due diligence - we assist both buyers and sellers in a wide range of issues.
We understand each engagement is unique. That's why we don't use a standard approach. We don't simply use standard checklists, reports, or procedures. We focus on the client's specific needs - why you're interested in the company, what you really need to know, and reporting that quickly and clearly presents data to help you take action.
As part of our process, we address a range of strategic, operational and financial issues. Our overall procedures may include:
- Understanding your investment objective
- Understanding the target's business
- Due diligence investigation - financial
- Due diligence investigation - tax
- Tailored reporting
We've assisted in a wide range of issues including:
- Financial condition
- Quality of earnings and assets
- Identification of hidden costs, commitments, contingent liabilities
- Historical cash flows
- Source and use analysis
- Working capital
- Control environment
- Valuations: non-competes, intangibles
- Optimization of tax structure
- Identification of potential tax opportunities and/or contingencies
- Organizational and staff review and assessment
- Deal issues
- Information Technology
- Software licensing, in-house developed software
- Review of known dependencies including vendor or client concentration
- Verification of hardware age and projected replacement time
- Review of IT assets and contracts
- GAAP questions