What's it really worth?
What is the value of a privately held business or business interest? What about an intangible asset? Or specific financial instrument like an option, warrant, convertible debt, preferred stock, or other complex security?
Kaufman, Rossin & Co.'s valuation process is designed to meet the increasing demands and complexities of governmental and accounting regulatory bodies' requirements for reporting.
When appropriate, our valuations comply with the applicable standards promulgated by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Appraised Foundation, and the American Society of Appraisers.
Our team of dedicated valuation professionals has the highest and most respected valuation credentials in the industry including:
- Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV)
- Accredited Senior Appraisers (ASA)
- Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA)
We're committed to continuously learning to keep abreast of current trends, theories, and reporting requirements.
We work with attorneys, auditors, and business owners and their management teams on a daily basis assisting them with valuation matters involving:
- Buy-sell agreements
- Commercial litigation
- Complex securities
- Estate and gift tax planning and reporting
- Goodwill impairment (ASC 350)
- Income tax planning and reporting
- Marital dissolution
- Purchase price allocation (ASC 805)
- Purchase/sale of businesses or business interests
- Shareholder agreements
- Shareholder disputes
- Stock options issued as compensation (ASC 718/505-50 & IRC 409A)
Our goal is to provide an integrated solution by working closely with our clients' legal, financial, and accounting advisors. Whatever your purpose, you'll find our depth of knowledge, quality, and integrity will serve you well.