The program enhancements for QuickBooks 2012 can be divided into two areas:
- Enhancements for the user
- Enhancements for their accountants
Enhancements for the user are designed to make day-to-day accounting easier and provide better information about your business. We have listed many of the User Enhancements that apply to most versions of QuickBooks below.
- Refresh Excel Data – provides user better integration with Microsoft Excel
- Contributed Reports – allows user to share report templates with other QuickBooks users
- Lead Center – allows user to manage sales prospects within QuickBooks and convert them easily to customers
- Calendar View – allows user to view a calendar layout of a company’s important transactions (invoices, billing, reminders)
- Global To Do’s – allows user more access to and flexibility with their To-Do lists
- Document Center – users can scan and store attached documents
- Memorized Transactions – improved to enable user to select transactions before entry
- Batch Timesheets – allows user to enter the same timesheet information for multiple employees
- Batch Invoicing for Time and Expenses – allows users to invoice several customers for time and expenses at one time
- One Click Transactions – allows users to create a payment or credit memo from the contents of an invoice in one step; also can now pay a bill in one step
- Improved Shipping Manager – allows user to integrate with USPS
- Company File Search – allows users expanded search features
- Integrated Help – provides users enhanced help features
- Improved Condense Data – improves the clean up data/condense data feature
- Easy Setup – provides users with an express start up for new QuickBooks files
If you have any questions or need assistance with QuickBooks, please contact Lisa K. Grossman or any of our QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Lisa K. Grossman is an associate principal at Kaufman, Rossin & Co., and a leader in the Firm’s QuickBooks consulting practice. Lisa is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of Florida and a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Kaufman, Rossin & Co. is one of the top CPA firms in the country. She can be reached a firstname.lastname@example.org.